The Minimum 6 tools – The Straight, The Owen and the Lister Bend
Choose the wood turning hollowing tool that is right for the task at hand from these fine hand finished woodturning tools by Rolly Munro. Designed and made by Rolly Munro right here in New Zealand and sold and exported internationally, the ‘Mini-Muns’ are a set of tools designed and made for small opening small to medium hollow forms.
For smooth, non aggressive cuts and superior finishes straight off your tool, the Munro hollowers are hard to beat.
With their replaceable 6mm offset Tungsten Carbide cutters that lock in place with a torque key it is super easy to change the position of the cutter when it (eventually) becomes dull to expose a fresh new super long lasting cutting area. The Tungsten tip are offset so do more of a shear scraping cut than standard scraping leaving a near perfect finish.
The 350mm in length and 1/2″ in diameter solid stainless steel constructed shafts are milled flat on top of the shaft for secure locking in place in the handle to prevent the tool from twisting.
The handle fits the 6mm and 8mm tools and is made with an aluminium core wrapped in quality premium high density foam for a super comfortable grip that makes it a real pleasure to spend extended periods of time hollowing.
Each tool and the handle is sold separately so you can buy them individually as budget allows and spare cutters and other spares are always in stock and available.
Each tool and or set comes with the Torque key included.
The costs of the tools incl GST are:
- Straight MN6S1 – NZ$85.00
- Lister Bend MN6LSTR – NZ$95.00
- Owen Bend MN6OWN – NZ$95.00
- Mini Handle RMH1/2 – NZ$55.00
- Munro Mini Hollowing Straight & Lister Bend Set NO Handle MN6S1/2S4 – NZ$170.00
- Munro Mini Hollowing Straight & Lister Bend Set WITH Handle MNH6S7 – NZ$225.00
- Full Minimum 6 Set NO Handle – NZ$260.00
- Full Minimum 6 Set WITH Handle – NZ$315.00
- Spare 6mm Tungsten Carbide Cutter – NZ$17.50